Dates and Times
We want to see your celebrations! Use #UTGrad2023 to share your decorated mortar boards, graduation photos, or family celebrations.
Thursday, May 18
|8:30 a.m.||College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences||Webcast TBD|
|12:30 p.m.||Tickle College of Engineering||Webcast TBD|
|4:30 p.m.||College of Nursing||Webcast TBD|
|7:30 p.m.||College of Law||Webcast TBD|
Friday, May 19
|9:00 a.m.||Herbert College of Agriculture||Webcast TBD|
|12:30 p.m.||College of Communication and Information||Webcast TBD|
|4:00 p.m.||College of Architecture and Design||Webcast TBD|
|7:00 p.m.||College of Social Work||Webcast TBD|
Saturday, May 20
|9:00 a.m.||Haslam College of Business||Webcast TBD|
|2:00 p.m.||College of Arts and Sciences||Webcast TBD|
|7:00 p.m.||Graduate Hooding||Webcast TBD|
Spring 2023 ceremonies will take place in Thompson-Boling Arena.
Getting to the Arena
- Tickets are not required for graduate entry.
- Graduates will enter the arena at the lower level Media entrance near G-10 garage. Orange and white balloons will mark the entrance.
- Doors will open for graduate entry 90 minutes before the ceremony start time.
- On arrival, graduates will pick up their card at designated registration tables. The card will be used as the graduate crosses the stage.
- All graduates will participate in a processional. They will be directed to a designated spot to wait in line.
- Doors will open for guest entry 90 minutes before the beginning of the ceremony. The upper level gates will be open for guest entry.
- There are currently no plans to require tickets for entry. The Office of the University Registrar will contact graduates if that changes.
- Guests are asked to bring as little as possible inside the venue with them. This will speed up the entry procedure and reduce chances of lines. The university’s clear bag policy will be enforced. Metal detectors will be in place and guests will be screened on entry.
After the Ceremony
Graduate and Guest Exiting
Graduates are required to return to their seat on the arena floor after crossing the stage. After all graduates have crossed the stage, graduates and guests will rise to sing the Alma Mater.
Graduates will exit at the concourse level and are encouraged to make a plan to meet up with their guests in the parking garage or elsewhere after the ceremony. No guests will be permitted on the arena floor.