Dates and Times
We want to see your celebrations! Use #UTGrad2024 to share your decorated mortar boards, graduation photos, or family celebrations.
Thursday, May 16
|8:30 a.m.||College of Law||Webcast TBD|
|12:30 p.m.||Herbert College of Agriculture||Webcast TBD|
|4:30 p.m.||College of Architecture and Design||Webcast TBD|
|7:30 p.m.||College of Communication and Information||Webcast TBD|
Friday, May 17
|8:30 a.m.||College of Social Work||Webcast TBD|
|12:30 p.m.||College of Nursing||Webcast TBD|
|4:30 p.m.||College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences||Webcast TBD|
|7:30 p.m.||Tickle College of Engineering||Webcast TBD|
Saturday, May 18
|9:00 a.m.||Graduate Hooding Ceremony||Webcast TBD|
|10:00 a.m.||College of Veterinary Medicine
*Ceremony location is Alumni Memorial Building Cox Auditorium.
|1:00 p.m.||Haslam College of Business||Webcast TBD|
|5:30 p.m.||College of Arts and Sciences||Webcast TBD|
Sunday, May 19
|1:00 p.m.||College of Music||Webcast TBD|
Spring 2024 ceremonies will take place in Thompson-Boling Arena. Each ceremony is estimated to last two to two-and-a-half hours. Graduates are required to stay for the entire ceremony.
Getting to the Arena
Parking and Arena Entry
Avoid Neyland Drive eastbound. Joe Johnson Boulevard to Volunteer Boulevard is typically faster. Follow traffic direction and signage where available.
Plan for traffic delays.
Graduates enter the venue at the lower floor-level Media entrance. Orange and white balloons will mark the entrance.
Guests enter the arena at the upper level gates.
- Tickets are not required for graduate entry.
- Graduates will enter the arena at the lower level Media entrance near G-10 garage. Orange and white balloons will mark the entrance.
- Doors will open for graduate entry 90 minutes before the ceremony start time.
- On arrival, graduates will pick up their card at designated registration tables. The card will be used as the graduate crosses the stage.
- All graduates will participate in a processional. They will be directed to a designated spot to wait in line.
- Graduates are asked to bring as little as possible inside the venue with them. This will speed up the entry procedure and reduce chances of lines. The university’s clear bag policy will be enforced. Security screenings will be in place as graduates enter the building. Thompson-Boling Arena is unable to store or secure prohibited items.
- Doors will open for guest entry 90 minutes before the beginning of the ceremony. The upper level gates will be open for guest entry.
- There are currently no plans to require tickets for entry.
- Guests are asked to bring as little as possible inside the venue with them. This will speed up the entry procedure and reduce chances of lines. The university’s clear bag policy will be enforced. Security screenings will be in place prior to entering the building. Thompson-Boling Arena is unable to store or secure prohibited items.
After the Ceremony
Graduate and Guest Exiting
Graduates are required to return to their seat on the arena floor after crossing the stage. After all graduates have crossed the stage, graduates and guests will rise to sing the Alma Mater.
Graduates will exit at the concourse level and are encouraged to make a plan to meet up with their guests in the parking garage or elsewhere after the ceremony. No guests will be permitted on the arena floor.