We are excited to hold in-person commencement ceremonies for all our 2020 graduates. We’ve added additional protocols so our graduates and their families can safely gather to celebrate this momentous day. Below is all the information you should need for your time on campus. Congratulations graduates!
About the Ceremonies
- Ceremonies will last approximately 1.5 hours.
- Recorded music will be used.
- Programs will be mailed to graduates at a later date.
- In-person speakers and stage party members will be limited. All seating on stage is assigned and socially distanced.
- Students will cross an ADA-compliant ramp as their name is called. Students will be distanced as they cross the ramp.
- There will be no handshaking or hooding.
- Students will pause on the ramp for a formal photo. Masks must remain on for the photo.
- Graduates will not return to their seat on the arena floor after they cross the ramp. See the exit procedures for graduates and guests listed under Ceremony Information below.
We want to see your celebrations! Use #UTGrad2020 to share your decorated mortar boards, graduation photos, or family celebrations.
How to get there, what to do when you arrive, parking details, and exiting procedures.
Large-event security protocol will be enforced, including the clear bag policy.
Health and Safety
We want to ensure that we have a healthy and safe commencement.
All ceremonies will be webcast. Watch online