We held in-person commencement ceremonies for all our graduates in Neyland Stadium in early May. We added additional protocols so our graduates and their families could safely gather to celebrate this momentous day. Congratulations graduates!
- There is no summer commencement ceremony. Summer graduates typically have the option to attend spring or fall ceremonies.
- The “Official Graduation Date” refers to the date printed on one’s diploma, not necessarily the date of commencement.
- The location and times for the fall 2021 and spring 2022 commencement ceremonies have not been determined at this time. Colleges will contact their graduates once details have been finalized.
- The fall graduate hooding ceremony will take place on December 9, and the undergraduate commencement ceremony will be on December 10.
About the Spring Ceremonies
- Ceremonies lasted approximately 2 hours.
- Attendance was limited.
- Recorded music was used.
- Programs will be mailed to graduates at a later date.
- In-person speakers and stage party members were limited. All seating on stage was assigned and socially distanced.
- Students crossed an ADA-compliant ramp as their name was called. Students were distanced as they crossed the ramp.
- There was no handshaking.
- Doctoral and professional students were hooded by a college representative.
- Students paused on the ramp for a formal photo. Masks could be removed temporarily for the photo.
We want to see your celebrations! Use #UTGrad2021 to share your decorated mortar boards, graduation photos, or family celebrations.
Directions to campus and ceremonies, parking details, and exiting procedures.
Large-event security protocol was enforced, including the clear bag policy.
Health and Safety
We want to ensure that we have a healthy and safe commencement.
All ceremonies were webcast.