We will hold in-person commencement ceremonies for our fall graduates in Thompson-Boling Arena in December. Congratulations graduates!
- The fall commencement ceremonies will take place December 16 in Thompson-Boling Arena.
- The undergraduate ceremony will begin at 9 a.m. Eastern.
- The graduate and professional hooding ceremony will begin at 3 p.m. Eastern.
- Eligible graduates will receive an email with details and registration instructions on a rolling basis once they have applied to graduate.
- The university does not host a summer commencement ceremony. Summer graduates typically have the option to attend spring or fall ceremonies.
- The “Official Graduation Date” refers to the date printed on one’s diploma, not necessarily the date of commencement.
About the Fall 2022 Ceremonies
- Ceremonies last approximately 2 hours. Graduates are required to stay for the duration of the ceremony.
- Professional photos will be taken by Big Orange Professional Photography (BOPP) during the ceremony.
- Students cross an ADA-compliant ramp as their name is called.
- Doctoral and professional students will be hooded during the graduate hooding ceremony.
- There are currently no plans to require tickets for guest entry. Graduates will be contacted if anything changes.
- If you earned your undergraduate degree in a previous term and are wishing to participate in the fall ceremony, you must contact the Office of the University Registrar to request permission and provide justification. If you are a graduate student, please contact the Graduate School to request permission and provide justification.
We want to see your celebrations! Use #UTGrad2022 to share your decorated mortar boards, graduation photos, or family celebrations.
Directions to campus and ceremonies, parking details, and exiting procedures.
Large-event security protocol is enforced, including the clear bag policy.
All ceremonies are webcast.
For questions about degree requirements and diplomas, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about commencement registration and ceremony details, contact email@example.com.