We are excited to hold in-person commencement ceremonies for all our graduates in Neyland Stadium. We’ve added additional protocols so our graduates and their families can safely gather to celebrate this momentous day. Congratulations graduates!
About the Ceremonies
- Ceremonies will last approximately 2.5 hours.
- Attendance will be limited.
- Recorded music will be used.
- Programs will be mailed to graduates at a later date.
- In-person speakers and stage party members will be limited. All seating on stage is assigned and socially distanced.
- Students will cross an ADA-compliant ramp as their name is called. Students will be distanced as they cross the ramp.
- There will be no handshaking.
- Doctoral and professional students will be hooded by a college representative.
- Students will pause on the ramp for a formal photo. Masks may be removed temporarily for the photo.
- Graduates will not return to their seat on the field after they cross the ramp. See the exit procedures for graduates and guests listed under Ceremony Information below.
We want to see your celebrations! Use #UTGrad2021 to share your decorated mortar boards, graduation photos, or family celebrations.
Directions to campus and ceremonies, parking details, and exiting procedures.
Large-event security protocol will be enforced, including the clear bag policy.
Health and Safety
We want to ensure that we have a healthy and safe commencement.
All ceremonies will be webcast.