Fall 2021 Dates and Times
We want to see your celebrations! Use #UTGrad2021 to share your decorated mortar boards, graduation photos, or family celebrations.
Thursday, December 9
|4:30 p.m.||Graduate and Professional Hooding
(including Law and Veterinary Medicine)
|Webcast Link TBD|
Friday, December 10
|9 a.m.||Undergraduate Ceremony||Webcast Link TBD|
Getting to the Arena
- Face coverings may be required at all times upon entry, exit, and while moving throughout the venue. Face coverings must not be offensive or vulgar.
- Tickets are not required for graduate entry.
- Graduates will enter the arena at the lower level Media entrance. Orange and white balloons will mark the entrance.
- Doors will open for graduate entry 90 minutes before the ceremony start time.
- On arrival, graduates will pick up their card at designated registration tables. The card will be used as the graduate crosses the stage.
- New for fall 2021: All graduates will participate in a processional. They will be directed to a designated spot to wait in line.
- Face coverings may be required upon entry, exit, and while moving throughout the venue. Face coverings must not be offensive or vulgar.
- Doors will open for guest entry 90 minutes before the beginning of the ceremony. The upper level gates will be open for guest entry.
- There are currently no plans to require tickets for entry. The Office of the University Registrar will contact graduates if that changes.
- Guests are asked to bring as little as possible inside the venue with them. This will speed up the entry procedure and reduce chances of lines. The university’s clear bag policy will be enforced. Metal detectors will be in place and guests will be screened on entry.
After the Ceremony
Graduate and Guest Exiting
As the graduate exits the ramp, they will be directed to the backstage area. Professional photographers will take a formal graduation photo. Students will receive information about purchasing photos directly from the photography company, GradImages. The photo area will be distanced and students may remove their face coverings for this photo if they choose to do so. Photography staff will remain in their face coverings. Graduates are required to return to their seat on the arena floor after having their photo taken. After all graduates have crossed the stage, graduates and guests will rise to sing the Alma Mater.
Graduates are encouraged to make a plan to meet up with their guests in the parking garage or elsewhere after the ceremony.