Dates and Times
We want to see your celebrations! Use #UTGrad2021 to share your decorated mortar boards, graduation photos, or family celebrations.
Friday, May 7
|10 a.m.||Haslam College of Business||Webcast Link TBD|
|4 p.m.||Graduate and Professional Hooding
(including Law and Veterinary Medicine)
|Webcast Link TBD|
Saturday, May 8
|10 a.m.||College of Architecture and Design,
College of Communication and Information,
College of Social Work,
Tickle College of Engineering
|Webcast Link TBD|
|4 p.m.||College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences,
College of Nursing,
Herbert College of Agriculture
|Webcast Link TBD|
Sunday, May 9
|1 p.m.||College of Arts & Sciences||Webcast Link TBD|
Getting to the Stadium
- Tickets are required for all guests, regardless of age. Tickets ARE NOT required for graduate entry.
- Graduates are responsible for distributing the tickets to their guests.
- There will be no will-call window at the ceremony. If a guest cannot access their ticket, they should contact their graduate to get the link again.
- Seating for each graduate’s group will be randomly assigned and socially distanced from other groups.
- Face coverings are required at all times upon entry, exit, and while moving throughout the venue. Face coverings must not be offensive or vulgar.
- Tickets are not required for graduate entry.
- Graduates will enter the stadium at Gate 21A and take the ramp down to the field. Orange and white balloons will mark the entrance.
- Doors will open for graduate entry 90 minutes before the ceremony start time.
- On arrival, graduates will pick up their card at designated registration tables. The card will be used as the graduate crosses the stage.
- Graduates will be directed to an assigned seat on the field. All seating is socially distanced.
- Once they have checked in, graduates will be asked to remain in their assigned seats unless they need to use the restroom. Group photos will not be allowed on the field.
- Face coverings are required upon entry, exit, and while moving throughout the venue. Face coverings must not be offensive or vulgar.
- Doors will open for guest entry 90 minutes before the beginning of the ceremony. Gate 21 will be open for guest entry.
- Tickets are required for guest entry, regardless of age.
- Guests are asked to bring as little as possible inside the venue with them. This will speed up the entry procedure and reduce chances of lines. The university’s clear bag policy will be enforced. Metal detectors will be in place and guests will be screened on entry.
- After entering the stadium, guests should proceed to their assigned seats.
After the Ceremony
Graduate and Guest Exiting
Graduates will not return to their seat on the field after crossing the ramp. As the graduate exits the ramp, they will be directed to the backstage area. Professional photographers will take a formal graduation photo. Students will receive information about purchasing photos directly from the photography company, GradImages. The photo area will be distanced and students may remove their face coverings for this photo if they choose to do so. Photography staff will remain in their face coverings. Students will exit the stadium at the same place they entered, at Gate 21A. Signage will be displayed to direct graduates and guests to the correct locations. Graduates are strongly encouraged to make a plan to meet up with their guests in the parking garage or elsewhere after the ceremony.
Inside the venue, there will be periodic pauses in calling graduate names to allow guests to exit the stadium shortly after their graduate has exited. These pauses will be announced from the podium. To refrain from disrupting the ceremony, guests are asked to remain in their seats until the next pause is announced. No guests will be allowed on the field. Guests are asked to exit the building at the concourse level at Gate 10 or 21.
The building must be clear 30 minutes after the ceremony ends to allow for cleaning.